Candle Care

To ensure you get the most out of your Burnt Beech candle, please follow the below guidelines:

Every candle has a burn memory, therefore you need to make sure that when you first burn any Burnt Beech candle, it burns long enough to ensure that the entire top layer of the wax melts and reaches the edge of the container, this can take a couple of hours. In fact, you should ensure that the wax reaches the edges of the candle every time you burn your candle, this will ensure you are getting a consistent burn and maximises the candle fragrance.

Always trim your wick every time you light a Burnt Beech candle, to around ¼ of an inch. If you don’t do this the flame can get very large, and the wick can mushroom and smoke, and be a potential hazard. When trimming a wick, always ensure the candle has been extinguished and the wax solidified.

We recommend you do not burn Burnt Beech candles for longer than 3 hours. After 3 hours, blow it out, let it cool and then you can re-light it.

If you are burning more than one Burnt Beech candle, then allow about 10 cm between the candles for the air to move around.

Please stop using your candle once there is only ½ inch of wax remaining in the container, as the glass can become very hot and potentially cause heat damage to the surface on which the candle has been placed. Once you have enjoyed your candle, the jars are re-usable. Any remaining wax can be washed away with warm soapy water. Our favourite way to re-use the jars is to use them as vases, but they also make great storage containers for beauty supplies, make up brushes, baking supplies, pen holders, or treats for the family. The list is endless.

Always take care when burning candles, keep them away from drafts, heat and anything else flammable. Place them on a stable and heat resistant surface. Never leave a burning candle unattended and keep them out of reach from children and pets. If you spill some wax, this can easily be cleaned up with warm soap water. Every candle has a safety sticker on the bottom for more information.

Burnt Beech candles can be sensitive to light and temperature, they are best to be stored in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.

Burnt Beech takes no responsibility for injury or damage caused due to any operation of these candles.